How to Registration for corona vaccine for people over 18 years of age 28 April 2021
VACCINATION REGISTRATION ON CO-WIN PORTAL
- 1. The first step would be visiting the Co-WIN portal and clicking on the “Register/Sign In Yourself” tab to register for the Covid-19 vaccination.
- 2. Enter your mobile number and click on “GET OTP (one-time password)”. You can also sign in via Aarogya Setu app or the UMANG app.
- 3. Once you receive it, enter the OTP and click on the verify button.
- 4. After verification, the “Registration for Vaccination” page will open.ADVERTISEMENT
- 5. Enter your personal details — Photo ID proof, Photo ID Number, Name, Gender, Year of Birth — all mandatory. Now register yourself. Documents for photo ID that you can use:
- a. Aadhaar card
b. Driving License
c. PAN card
e. Pension Passbook
f. NPR Smart Card
g. Voter ID Card (EPIC)
- 6. Once registered, you will be shown the “Account Details” page, where you can schedule your appointment.
VACCINATION REGISTRATION ON AAROGYA SETU APP
- 1. Install the Aarogya Setu app.
- 2. Register yourself on Aarogya Setu app using your mobile number. An OTP will be sent to your mobile numbers.
- 3. Click on the “Vaccination” tab.
- 4. Now, register for vaccination by filling up the required details.
- You can also register yourself for the vaccination on UMANG App.
Aarogya Setu App
The Indian government has launched its Aarogya Setu app as an effort to help people during the COVID-19 pandemic. It connects Indian citizens with essential health-related information. The app is developed to fight the ongoing pandemic and help the Department of Health to reach out to more people.
By downloading the app, you will get more information about health risks, best practices to be followed, and different advisories issued by the government. As of May 2020, it has crossed 100,000,000 downloads on the Android platform.
VACCINATION REGISTRATION ON UMANG APP
- 1. Install UMANG app. Register by entering your mobile number. An OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Fill it in the given space and click on “Register“.
- 2. Now that you have logged in, click on “register now” for vaccinations. It’s coloured in red.
- 3. Now click on “register or login for vaccination“.
- 4. Enter your mobile number, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Enter it and “verify“.ADVERTISEMENT
- 5. Enter your details and “submit“. Then schedule your appointment for your vaccination.
UMANG stands for Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance. You can use this app to access government services. This app brings different government services under one umbrella. Be it a local body service or one offered by the state government, you can use the app to access the available services.
Therefore, you do not have to install multiple governance-related apps for different services, just this one should suffice. This app is offered by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) along with the National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
DOS AND DON’TS FOR CITIZENS BEFORE/AFTER VACCINATION
What you should do:
- 1. Register and schedule your vaccination in advance.
- 2. Register online through Co-WIN OR Aarogya Setu OR UMANG platform.
- 3. Register with only one phone number and one ID Carry ID proof when you go for the vaccination.
- 4. Carry as ID proof the same ID document used for registration.
- 5. Search for the nearest vaccination centre online from Co-WIN OR Aarogya Setu or Umang and select centre convenient for vaccination.
- 6. To receive health ID as part of the registration for vaccination, give your consent.
- 7. Reach the vaccination centre on the specified date and time.
- 8. Wait for 30 minutes at the vaccination centre after vaccination.
- 9. Inform the vaccination centre if any side effect(s) is experienced within 30 minutes.
- 10. Inform Helpline Number: +91-11-23978046 (Toll free- 1075) in case of any side effect after leaving the vaccination centre.
- 11. Continue precautions of social distancing and wearing masks.
What you shouldn’t do:
- 1. No walk-ins without an appointment.
- 2. Don’t register on multiple platforms.
- 3. Don’t register using multiple phone numbers and multiple ID proof.
- 4. Don’t consume alcohol or other intoxicants on the day of vaccination.ADVERTISEMENT
- 5. Don’t panic in case of any side effects.
- 6. Don’t register again for the second dose.
As the coronavirus situation in India remains grim with a deadly upsurge in daily Covid-19 cases and deaths, the central government last week announced the vaccination drive on May 1 for all above the age of 18 years.