Gujarat Medical Education Admission 2018
Admission Committee for Professional PG/ UG Medical Educational Courses, Constituted under Section 4 of the Gujarat Professional Medical Education Institutions, Regulation of Admission and Fixation of Fees Act., 2007, Guj.3 of 2008
Name: Gujarat Medical Admission 2018
Exam : NEET 2018
Exam Conducting Authority : Central Board of Secondary Examination (2018)
Authority Conducting Counselling for State Quota seats : Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC)
Counselling Authority for All India and Central Pool Quota seats: Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)
Important dates for Gujarat MBBS Admission 2018
|PIN Number purchase in person from bank for online registration||June 12, 2018|
|Online application form release date||June 13, 2018 (12.00 pm)|
|Last date for submission of application form||June 19, 2018 (07.00 pm)|
|Document verification||June 13 – June 20, 2018 (12.00 pm to 3.00 pm)|
|Gujarat MBBS 2018 merit list||Fourth week of June 2018*|
|Mock round of choice filling and result||Fourth week of June 2018*|
|First Round of Counselling||June 25 – July 5, 2018*|
|Last date of reporting to the allotted college||July 12, 2018*|
|Second Round of Counselling||July 15- July 26, 2018*|
|Last date of reporting to the allotted college||August 3, 2018*|
|Offline mop-up round of counselling||August 4 – August 8, 2018*|
|Seat allotment for the mop-up round||Second week of August*|
Gujarat MBBS BDS Admission 2018 – Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates must be citizens of India or overseas citizen of India.
- The candidates must be 17 years of age as on December 31, 2018, and must not be more than 25 years of age as on May 7, 2018.
- Candidates applying to 85% State Quota seats must fulfil the domicile eligibility of the state wherein they will be required to show a birth certificate stating that they were born in Gujarat or are a resident of the state for at least 10 years.
- Candidates applying to Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 admission under the state quota seats must have passed their Class 10 and Class 12 examination from the Gujarat Board/CBSE/ ICSE/IB(International Baccalaureate and Cambridge)/NIOS schools located in the state of Gujarat.
- Candidates who have passed their Class 12 standard examination from Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) located outside Gujarat are eligible for Gujarat MBBS BDS admission 2018 if they have studied till Class 8 from any one of the JNVs in Gujarat.
- Candidates for admission to Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 must have passed their Class 12 examination in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and must have scored a minimum aggregate of 50% (for unreserved category), 40% (for reserved category, including physically handicapped of reserved category) and 45% (for physically handicapped and persons with disabilities) in the subjects mentioned.
- Candidates whose parents are of Indian origin but who do not hold an Indian citizenship and have applied for admission to Gujarat’s MBBS BDS 2018 need to furnish the proof of submission to the ACPUGMEC before the counselling date. Such candidates will be provisionally admitted and will have to submit a certificate of having acquired Indian citizenship by July end of the following year of admission.
- Candidates must have secured the required minimum percentile in the NEET 2018.
- Candidates who have taken admission to any course under the above-mentioned rules are also eligible for admission to any course in any year, provided they pay the total fee for the entire course they are currently pursuing, as prescribed by the Fee Regulatory Committee. The candidates will also have to withdraw their original documents and furnish a No Objection Certificate from the previous institution and submit the same to the Admission Committee at the time of counselling.
- Candidates seeking admission to the NRI seats in Gujarat MBBS 2018 must have passed their Class 12 qualifying exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as primary subjects.
- Admission of the NRI candidates will also be on the basis of NEET UG scores.
- The NRI candidates must also obtain the “Provisional Eligibility Certificate” from the concerned university within one month of admission.
Minimum Percentile Required
|S. No.||Categories||Minimum Percentile Required|
|1||General (UR)||50th Percentile|
|2||ST/SC/OBC (Including PH of ST/SC/OBC)||40th Percentile|
|3||UR PH||45th Percentile|
Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 Application Form
The date for the release of the application form of Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 admission is June 13, 2018. The application form will be released online only. Candidates are required to purchase the PIN number from the designated bank by paying the application fee to start the process of online application for Gujarat MBBS BDS admission 2018. The last date for submission of online application form is June 19, 2018. Candidates who have completed the process of filling up the application form of Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 are then required to attend the document verification session. The application fee for Gujarat MBBS BDS admission 2018 is INR 200/- (non-refundable).
Gujarat MBBS BDS Merit List 2018
Candidates allotted a seat in any college after counselling of Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 admission will need to take a print out of the information letter and fee receipt. They need to report to the concerned college with all the relevant original documents and their photocopies which will then be verified by the Admissions In-Charge. Candidates with invalid or incomplete documents will be denied admission to Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018. The merit list of Gujarat MBBS BDS admission 2018 will be released by the third week of June 2018 tentatively. Gujarat MBBS BDS merit list 2018 will be prepared on the basis of the NEET result/score. Only those candidates who have completed the process of online application and have attended the document verification session of Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 admission will be included in the state merit list. The merit list of Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 will consist of the candidates’ names, roll numbers, NEET scores, state rank etc. The candidates as per their merit rank are allowed to appear in the counselling process for admission to Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018.
Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 – Seat Reservation
The 85% state quota seats for Gujarat MBBS BDS admission 2018 comprise of all the sanctioned seats in Government medical colleges, state institutions, grant-in-aid colleges and other institutions offering MBBS and BDS courses. 75% of the total reserved seats under this category are offered in Unaided medical colleges/institutions. 7% of seats for Scheduled Castes, 15%seats for Scheduled Tribes and 27% seats for the Socially and Educationally Backward Classes have been reserved within the Government seats. 15% of the total sanctioned seats are offered to NRI candidates seeking admission to Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 while 25% of the total sanctioned seats, which also includes 15% NRI seats are reserved for management quota in Gujarat MBBS BDS admission 2018.
Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 Counselling
Counselling for Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 will start in the last week of June 2018 tentatively. The mode of counselling for Gujarat MBBS BDS admission 2018 will be online. The candidates will be able to access the complete list of medical and dental colleges available for admission to Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 and they will need to choose the colleges/institutions they wish to join. The candidates eligible for Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 will be granted admissions on a merit-cum-preference basis. The list of candidates selected for seat allotment after each round of counselling of Gujarat MBBS BDS admission 2018 will be published online on the official website of the same.
Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 – Seat Allotment
Candidates allotted a seat in any college after counselling of Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 admission will need to take a print out of the information letter and fee receipt. They need to report to the concerned college with all the relevant original documents and their photocopies which will then be verified by the Admissions In-Charge. Candidates with invalid or incomplete documents will be denied admission to Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018.
Participating Institutes of Gujarat MBBS BDS 2018 Admission
Government Medical Colleges
|Name of College||Total Seats|
|BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad||250|
|Government Medical College, Bhavnagar||150|
|Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Medical College, Rajkot||150|
|MP Shah Medical College, Jamnagar||200|
|Medical College, Baroda||180|
|Government Medical College, Surat||150|
Government Dental Colleges
|Name of College||Total Seats|
|Govt. Dental College & Hospital, Ahmedabad||100|
|Govt. Dental College, Jamnagar||100|
Private Medical Colleges
|Name of College||Total Seats|
|CU Shah Medical College, Surendra Nagar||100|
|GMERS Medical College, Junagadh||150|
|Dr. MK Shah Medical College & Research Centre, Ahmedabad||150|
|Parul Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Vadodara||150|
|GMERS Medical College, Hadiyol, Himmatnagar||150|
|GMERS Medical College, Vadnagar, Mehsana||150|
|GMERS Medical College, Gotri, Vadodara||150|
|GMERS Medical College, Sola, Ahmedabad||150|
|Gujarat Adani Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhuj||150|
|GCS Medical College, Ahmedabad||150|
|GMERS Medical College, Gandhinagar||150|
|GMERS Medical College, Dharpur Patan||150|
|GMERS Medical College, Nanakwada,Valsad||150|
|Pramukhswami Medical College, Karamsad||100|
|Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad||250|
|Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education & Research, Surat||150|
|Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Medical Education Trust Medical College, Ahmedabad||150|
Private Dental Colleges
|Name of College||Total Seats|
|Ahmedabad Dental College, Vivekanand Society, Gandhinagar||100|
|Karnavati School of Dentistry, Gandhinagar||100|
|Dharamsinh Desai Institute of Dental Sciences, Nadiad||100|
|Narsinhbhai Patel Dental College & Hospital, Visnagar||100|
|College of Dental Sciences & Research Centre, Ahmedabad||100|
|AMC Dental College, Ahmedabad||100|
|Vaidik Dental College & Research, Nani Daman (U.T.)||15|
|College of Dental Sciences & Research, Bhavnagar||100|
|Goenka Research Institute of Dental Science, Gandhinagar||100|
|Society for Gujarat Dental Health, Education and Research (SGDHER), Patan||100|
|MP Patel Dental College & Dental Hospital, Vadodara||40|
Download from Below Important Link :
Official Website : http://www.medadmgujarat.org/