SEB NTSE Exam Gujarat
NTSE or National Talent Search Examination is a national level exam conducted by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) for granting scholarships to the meritorious students studying in class 10th. NTSE is only held for 10th standard students and the exam is conducted in two different stages – Stage I and II.
State Examination Board (SEB) Scholarship Exam
Gujarat NTSE 2021- NTSE Stage 2 Exam has been postponed due to outbreaks of COVID-19 pandemic. State Examination Board, Gandhinagar has released the result for State-level NTSE at sebexam.org. To check the Gujarat NTSE Result 2020 Stage 1, candidates have to visit the official website and download merit list which is available in PDF format. National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) Examination for the class X conducts in two stages State Level NTSE (Stage I) and NTSE (Stage II). Selected candidates through State Level NTSE (Stage I) are allowed to sit in the National Talent Search Examination (Stage II) which is conducted by the NCERT, New Delhi. Gujarat NTSE 2021 application form, admit card, exam date, result date, and other information are mentioned below.
SEB NTSE 2021 Scholarship Exam Gujarat Notification
NTSE Exam Overview
|Exam Name||National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)|
|Conducting Body||State Examination Board (SEB)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||4 Hrs (2 Hrs MAT and 2 Hrs SAT)|
NTSE 2021 – 2022 Important Dates
For State level Exam
|Release of application form||29/09/2021|
|Last date for application submission||22/10/2021|
|Online Exam Fees Date||29/09/2021 to 25/10/2021|
|Admit card issue date||4th week of October 2021|
|Date of exam||1st week of November 2021|
|Declaration of result||January 2022/ February 2022|
For National level Exam
|Release of application form||Yet to be notified|
|Last date for application submission||Last week of December 2021|
|Admit card issue date||3rd week of May 2022|
|Date of exam||3rd week of June 2022|
|Declaration of result||June 2021/ July 2022|
Gujarat NTSE 2021 Application Form
Application form of Gujrat NTSE 2021 for Class X has been closed. Candidates seeking for admission are advised to cross-check all the dates & details once before proceeding further from the official website or form this page. Before filling the online application form, candidates are requested to check their eligbility. Direct link for apply online is given below.
- Official Website: sebexam.org
- For more details Gujarat NTSE 2021 – Download Official Notification.
- For more details Gujarat NTSE 2020 – Download Official Notification.
|Gujarat NTSE 2021||Dates|
|Availability of Admit Card||Available!|
|Exam date of 1st NTSE exam||1st week of November 2021|
|Answer Key availability||Available!|
|Last to file an objection||Available!|
|State Level (Stage 1) Result||Available!|
|Exam date of 2nd NTSE exam||Available!|
Gujarat NTSE 2021 Result
After the successful completion of Gujarat NTSE 2021 Stage 1 examination, result is now available. Result for NTSE 2021 has been released at its official website. Candidates who appeared in the examination can check their result and direct link to check the same is provided in the “Gujarat NTSE Result 2021 Stage 1” page. Check Your Result : Click Here
Gujarat NTSE 2021 Answer Key
The answer key of National Talent Search Examination 2021 for Stage -1 has been released here. Candidates who will qualify the Gujarat NTSE 2021 Stage 1 examination will only be eligible to appear in Gujarat NTSE 2021 Stage 2 examination. To check the answer key, candidates have to visit Answer Key page. NTSE 2021 Answer Key : Download
Gujarat NTSE 2021 Admit Card
Admit card for Gujarat NTSE 2021 for class X was available on the official website sebexam.org by entering their confirmation number and date of birth or Aadhar Dise Number. With the help of Admit Card the candidate were able to enter the examination hall. Direct link to download the Gujarat NTSE Stage 1 2021 was also given below. NTSE 2021 Admit Card Card: Click Here to download the Admit card for Gujarat NTSE 2021.
Gujarat NTSE 2021 Exam Pattern
Stage I & II: Examination at the State/UT level will comprise two papers i.e
|Papers||Test||No of questions||marks||Duration|
|Paper-I||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||120 minutes|
|Paper-II||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||100||100||120 minutes|
There will be no negative marking in Stage-II examination
Qualifying Marks – Qualifying marks for candidates from General category 40% in each paper and for candidates from SC, ST and PH is 32% in each paper
Paper 2 (SAT) further Distribution:
|Name Of Subject||Marks|
|Part 1- Science||40|
|Part 2- Mathematics||20|
|Part 3- Social. St||40|
NTSE Exam 2021 – 2022 (National Talent Search Examination)
Around 2000 scholarships are awarded for each stage of education. These stages are:
- For Class XI to Class XII, a scholarship of Rs.1250/- per month is provided.
- For Undergraduates and Postgraduates, a scholarship of Rs.2000/- per month is provided.
- For Ph.D., the scholarship amount is fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
NTSE Exam Eligibility Criteria 2021
NCERT has defined an age limit for the students to appear for the exam. Candidates should be below the age of 18 years (as on July 1, 2020).
NTSE Eligibility for Stage 1 (State level examination)
Due to the COVID situation in the country, there is no exact date given about the registration and date of the examination but students who are pursuing their studies from schools in India are eligible to appear in the stage 1 exam. Eligibility criteria are as follows;
- The candidate must be a Class X student from any Government/ Private schools in India.
- There is no domicile restriction. The candidate can be from any State/Union Territory of India.
- The candidates studying in open or distance learning are also eligible to write NTSE 2021, provided they are less than 18 years of age, not employed and are appearing for Class X board examination for the first time.
NTSE Eligibility for Stage 2 (National level examination)
- Only the students who qualified in stage 1 (state-level examination) are eligible to appear for Stage 2 examination. The roll number, venue, date of examination details will be conveyed to the selected candidates by NCERT through its official website.
NTSE Eligibility for Students Studying Abroad
- Indian students studying abroad in Class X or equivalent are eligible to write stage 2 (second level examination) directly and are exempted from the stage 1 examination.
- The candidate must have scored 60% in the previous year’s annual examination.
- The candidate should appear for the examination in a centre in India.
- The candidates must request through the Head of the Institution where he/she is studying, along with an attested copy of Class IX mark sheet. The request should reach the Head, Department of Educational Survey Division, NCERT, New Delhi by 31 December of the concerned year.
- The selected candidate will receive the scholarship only if he/she decides to pursue studies in India.
NTSE Application Form
Interested students can contact the State/UT Liaison officer for procuring the NTSE application form. The completed application form should be signed by the Principal of the school well in advance before the last date of submission. No applications will be accepted after the last date for submission of the Application Form.
Different states may have different last dates for submission. Students are advised to check the dates and confirm them from the Liaison Officer of their state. The address and contact number of the Liaison Officer of the States/UTs are available (State-wise) can be viewed at NCERT’s website lyww.ncertniejn.
Candidates must note that all their queries related to the application form will be addressed only by the State Liaison Officers (LOs). They should not send their application to NCERT.
As for the application fees, the States and Union Territories will fix a certain amount and notify the candidates on how much they will need to pay. Candidates are advised to find out the fees charged for Stage-I Examination before filling and submitting their application forms. Also, check for the mode of payment for the fees from the respective State Liaison Officers (LOs). NCERT does not charge any fee for Stage-II examination.
Application Form for students studying abroad will be uploaded on the NCERT website in the month of 2021. Announcement for students of Indian nationality studying abroad will be announced separately.
How to fill Online NTSE Application Form 2021-22 (Stage 1)?
Some states release stage 1 NTSE 2021 application form through the official website. Students who meet the eligibility criteria can fill the NTSE stage 1 application form 2021-22 in online mode. They will have to upload documents attested by their Principal for online NTSE registration 2021-22 . The steps to fill the NTSE form 2021-22 are given below.
- Step-1– Visit the SCERT website of respective state/UTs or click on the relevant link from the table given above.
- Step-2– Select the NTSE section available on the home page and click on the NTSE 2021 application form.
- Step-3– Enter the details in online NTSE form 2021 such as student name, date of birth, gender, caste, mobile number, academic details, family Income and more.
- Step-4– Upload the scanned photograph, signature file and other documents as required.
- Step-5– Pay the application fee (if applicable) through online mode.
- Step-6– Download the filled-in NTSE application form 2021 and submit at the school. After reviewing the applications, the Head/ Principal of the School will send the forms to the State Liaison Officer.
NTSE Exam Pattern
- NTSE exam pattern for Stage 1 & Stage 2 is divided into two parts as SAT & MAT
- There will be 100 questions each in both MAT and SAT (Science-40, Maths-20, Social science-40).
Part 1 – Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- This section will have questions on analytical and logical reasoning.
- This section tests the students on their ability to solve reasoning questions, ability to think, evaluate and visualise.
- The section consists of a total of 100 questions.
- The main topics from this section consist of series, pattern perception, analogies, coding-decoding, classifications, hidden figures and problem-solving etc.
Part 2 – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- This section will have a total of 100 questions which is further divided into Science (40), Social Science (40) and Mathematics (20).
- The student has to be well versed in the syllabus taught in class 9 and 10th.
- The time allotted for the SAT section is 120 minutes.
- The level of questions will be equivalent to class 10th or equivalent exam.
The Exam pattern is the same for both Stage 1 and Stage 2 and there will be only the objective type of questions in both the stages of examination.
|Papers||Maximum Marks||Number of Questions||Time Allotted|
|SAT (Mathematics, Science, Social Sciences)||100||100||120 Minutes|
NTSE Exam Marking Scheme
|NTSE Exam (Paper 1 & Paper 2)|
|Stage 1 (1 Mark will be awarded for every correct answer.)|
|No negative marking for the wrong answer.|
|Stage 2 (1 Mark will be awarded for every correct answer.)|
|For every wrong answer, one-third of the marks will be deducted.|
|No negative marking for questions left unattempted.|
NTSE Exam Qualifying Marks
- 40% Marks in each paper for General category students.
- 32% Marks in each paper for SC, ST & PH category students.
|Person with Disability||3%|
Other National And International Level Olympiads
|NSTSE||National Level Science Talent Search Examination|
|KVPY||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana|
|RMO||Regional Maths Olympiads|