PMSYM : Pradhan mantri Shram Yogi Man Dhan Yojna Pension.
પ્રધાનમંત્રી શ્રમયોગી માનધન પેન્સન યોજના | Pradhan Mantri Shramyogi Yojana | PMSYM Scheme 2019: This scheme was announced by the Central government. The PMSUM scheme was announced in February 2019 and launched in 15 February 2019 by Piyush Goyal. Other plans such as LIC, EPFO, ESIC runs under this scheme. In this article read about all the important information regarding Shramyogi yojana, who are eligible for the scheme, how to apply for PM Shramyogi Pension and benefits of this scheme.
If they are enrolled in any other central government scheme
Yes, to partner only
Children are not eligible for getting pension
The scheme that the central government came up with is called Pradhan Mantri Shramyogi Yojna. This scheme offers every individual with a regular pension after they attain a certain age. Pradhan Mantri Shramyogi Yojna is a pension scheme for the labour class people who are associated with the unorganized sector.
2. Features of PM-SYM: It is a voluntary and contributory pension scheme, under which the subscriber would receive the following benefits :
(i) Minimum Assured Pension: Each subscriber under the PM-SYM, shall receive minimum assured pension of Rs 3000/- per month after attaining the age of 60 years.
(ii) Family Pension: During the receipt of pension, if the subscriber dies, the spouse of the beneficiary shall be entitled to receive 50% of the pension received by the beneficiary as family pension. Family pension is applicable only to spouse.
(iii) &nbps; &&nbps;If a beneficiary has given regular contribution and died due to any cause (before age of 60 years), his/her spouse will be entitled to join and continue the scheme subsequently by payment of regular contribution or exit the scheme as per provisions of exit and withdrawal.
3. Contribution by the Subscriber: The subscriber’s contributions to PM-SYM shall be made through ‘auto-debit’ facility from his/ her savings bank account/ Jan- Dhan account. The subscriber is required to contribute the prescribed contribution amount from the age of joining PM-SYM till the age of 60 years. The chart showing details of entry age specific monthly contribution is as under:
4. Matching contribution by the Central Government: PM-SYM is a voluntary and contributory pension scheme on a 50:50 basis where prescribed age-specific contribution shall be made by the beneficiary and the matching contribution by the Central Government as per the chart. For example, if a person enters the scheme at an age of 29 years, he is required to contribute Rs 100/ – per month till the age of 60 years an equal amount of Rs 100/- will be contributed by the Central Government.
5. Enrolment Process under PM-SYM: The subscriber will be required to have a mobile phone, savings bank account and Aadhaar number. The eligible subscriber may visit the nearest Common Services Centres (CSC eGovernance Services India Limited (CSC SPV)) and get enrolled for PM-SYM using Aadhaar number and savings bank account/ Jan-Dhan account number on self-certification basis.
Later, facility will be provided where the subscriber can also visit the PM-SYM web portal or can download the mobile app and self-register using Aadhar number/ savings bank account/ Jan-Dhan account number on self-certification basis.
6. Enrollment agencies: The enrolment will be carried out by all the Common Services Centres. The unorganised workers may visit their nearest CSC along with their Aadhar Card and Savings Bank account passbook/Jandhan account and get registered themselves for the Scheme. Contribution amount for the first month shall be paid in cash for which they will be provided with a receipt.
7. Facilitation Centres: All the branch offices of LIC, the offices of ESIC/EPFO and all Labour offices of Central and State Governments will facilitate the unorganised workers about the Scheme, its benefits and the procedure to be followed, at their respective centers.
In this respect, the arrangements to be made by all offices of LIC, ESIC, EPFO all Labour offices of Central and State Governments are given below, for ease of reference:
1. All LIC, EPFO/ESIC and all Labour offices of Central and State Governments may set up a “Facilitation Desk” to facilitate the unorganised workers, guide about the features of the Scheme and direct them to nearest CSC
2. Each desk may consist of at least one staff.
3. They will have backdrop, standi at the main gate and sufficient number of brochures printed in Hindi and regional languages to be provided to the unorganised workers.
4. Unorganised workers will visit these centres with Aadhaar Card, Savings bank account/Jandhan account and mobile phone.
5. Help desk will have onsite suitable sitting and other necessary facilities for these workers.
6. Any other measures intended to facilitate the unorganised workers about the Scheme, in their respective centers.
8.Fund Management: PM-SYM will be a Central Sector Scheme administered by the Ministry of Labour and Employment and implemented through Life Insurance Corporation of India and CSC eGovernance Services India Limited (CSC SPV). LIC will be the Pension Fund Manager and responsible for Pension pay out. The amount collected under PM-SYM pension scheme shall be invested as per the investment pattern specified by Government of India.
Pradhan Mantri Shramyogi Mandhan Yojana Application Form
There is no online submission of the form for applying, candidate has to visit the LIC office to get the form and apply for the scheme or they can visit the CSC center for the help.
It is beneficial in a way that a worker who joins Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Yojna at the age of 18 years would make a contribution of rupees 55 monthly till the age of 60 years so as to get the pension in retirement. The equal matching contribution will be made by the Government to the pension account of workers each month.
This scheme is going to benefit more than 42 crore workers belonging to the unorganised sectors of India.
Not only this, if the candidate enrols out of the scheme even before 10 years, the share of the candidate is going to be returned to the candidate with saving bank interest rates.
If the candidate enroll out after 10 years but before 60 years of age, the share of candidate’s contribution adding the accumulated interest will be given back to the candidate.
If the candidate is updating the scheme in a proper manner but dies due to any cause, his or her better half would be entitled with the continuation of the scheme. If the spouse is entitled to it, they are supposed to pay the regular further contributions. If they are not willing to do that, they can always exit the scheme taking the candidate’s contribution to make till the date in addition to the interest.