Google Pay App
Google Pay is an online payments system and a digital wallet developed by Google to power in-app and make purchases using a mobile device. The app helps the users to make payments with tablets or watches or with Android-based phones.
How Does Google Pay App Works?
The Google Pay App uses the Near Field Communication (NFC) to transmit the card information which facilities funds transfer to the retailers.
Features of Google Pay App
The following are the features of Google Pay App
- The users can use either their phone’s ID or fingerprint scanner to secure the payment apps.
- The Google Pay App offers language support for English, Hindi, Kannada, Bengali, Tamil, Gujarati, Marathi, Telugu.
- The users will get offers on a number of cashback schemes for paying bills and for transferring money.
- The Tez Shielding Security feature will help to detect fraud, verify the user’s identity and prevents hacking.
- Users can keep a track of the money which they have earned from Google in the rewards section.
- User can send up to Rs 1,00,000 a day across all the UPI based apps.
- If the user refers the Google Pay app to his/her friend, then they will be entitled to earn Rs 51 cashback.
- Get a single transaction via the Google Pay App which cannot exceed Rs 1,00,000.
- Users can use the app to transfer money for more than 10 times in a day.
Procedure to Open a Google Pay Account
- Download Google Pay Application.
- First, download the Google Pay app in your phone which is available in Google play store for both iOS and Android-based devices.
- Select your preferred language
- Enter your mobile number which is registered with the bank account
- The app will automatically detect your email id, proceed further and click on ‘Continue’
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number, allow the app to access it manually
- Now you have to choose the screen lock or you can opt to create a Google PIN. Select the relevant option and click on ‘Continue’
- Set up your Google screen lock or PIN.
Please Note: It is necessary to link your bank account with Google Pay account to transfer money easily.
How to send money using Google Pay App?
1. Procedure to send money to someone who stays nearby
Step 1: First open the Google Pay App on both (sender and receiver) phones.
Step 2: The sender will have to slide the circle in the middle of the screen up towards ‘Pay’. Similarly, even the receiver who needs the money will have to slide the circle down.
Step 3: When it appears, tap on their respective profile photo and in case, if you do not see their photo, then go to the home screen, tap more and Scan the QR code. Ask the receiver to pull up their QR code which will help the sender to scan the same
Step 4: Now enter the amount, the relevant description and select the form of payment
Step 5: Tap Proceed to pay.
Step 6: Enter your UPI PIN.
Note: You will be receiving a notification, once the payment has been made.
2. Procedure to send money to someone who stays anywhere in India
Step 1: First open your Google Pay app
Step 2: Tap a contact for which payment has to be made. If in case, you cannot see the person to whom money has to be transferred, then tap on ‘New Payment’ on the home screen and tap the third option ‘Bank Transfer’
Step 3: Now enter all the relevant bank details and tap ‘Continue’ option.
Step 4: Tap ‘Pay’ option and enter the amount along with a relevant description
Step 5: Tap on Proceed to Pay.
Step 6: Enter your UPI PIN.
Note: Once the money is transferred, you will receive a notification. You will also get complete SMS information from your respective bank about debiting the amount from your account.
Procedure to Reset Google Pay UPI
If in case, the user forgets the UPI PIN, then you can create a new one within no time. All one needs is the debit card details and follow the below-mentioned steps to create a new UPI PIN
Step 1: Open Google Pay
Step 2: Towards the top left, tap your photo
Step 3: Proceed further and tap on ‘Payment Methods’
Step 4: After this, tap the bank account details which you prefer to edit.
Step 5: Again tap on ‘Forgot UPI PIN?’ option
Step 6: Enter the last 6 digits of your debit card number followed by the expiry date of the card
Step 7: Create a new UPI PIN.
Step 8: Enter the OTP which you will get via SMS.
Procedure to close Google Pay Account
If in case, the user no longer wishes to use the Google Pay App, then they can discontinue the same by deleting the Google Pay Account. Follow the below-mentioned steps to close the Google Pay account
Step 1: Open the Google Pay Account
Step 2: Towards the top – left corner, tap on your profile photo.
Step 3: Proceed further and tap ‘Close Account’
Step 4: Now uninstall the app from your phone.
After the installation process, Google Pay will de-link your bank accounts from Google Pay app.